Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Come on Square-Enix


Remember FFVII fans when all we had was the trailer for Advent Children with One Winged Angel playing? That was the shit right? And then we got the english version of the movie and uh...well I really don't need to say anything. If you bought that movie you bought it solely for the action and the fact that you're a giddy fanboy/girl deep down inside.

Well if you haven't heard yet, Square-Enix is releasing Advent Children: Complete on Bluray very soon. FFVIIACC is essentially the extended version of Advent Children with a bunch of new extra features. Basically it's another way to pull some money from you. The movie amounts to something like 40 bucks. Now normally this is where I call bullshit, because theres no way that most fans of the series would be 40 bucks for a mediocre movie. No, theres something a bit more to this that I find completely stupid. The Japanese audience knows what I'm talking about, but that's ok with them because they already got what they wanted from it.

Advent Children: Complete in Japan comes packaged with a very desired FFXIII Demo. A demo that not surprisingly does not come packacged with the movie over here in the United States.

I'm not exactly sure why theres no love for USA from Square-Enix. Game sales are generally pretty close together when comparing global sales figures, Kingdom Hearts II is actually almost double in lifetime sales in the US compared to Japan. So what gives? They totally gimped us out of KH: Final Mix and KH: Final Mix+.

If it's about no english voices....really, I could care less. All the fans really want is a taste. I'd honestly rather watch Advent Children in japanese anyway, I could deal with that.

Theres absolutely NO reason for the favoritism. None that I can see. Someone tell me if I'm missing a key piece to this puzzle because I'd really like to know.

1 comment:

  1. What's probably happening with Square Enix is that they find Japan to be their target market, and the US as only a secondary one. I'm not saying it's right, since it's been proven that Square gets more profit from the US-- we have more people too, which helps. Square most likely doesn't want to have to dub it with the English voices and sees a smaller profit if they give it to us in only Japanese. It's sort of true though-- less people would buy it if it was only in Japanese except for the loyal Final Fantasy Fans.

    ReplyDelete