Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Lack of 'Tallica in Guitar Hero: Metallica


I'll come clean; I'm a metal head. More to the point, I love Metallica. Saw them in January and thought it was awesome, love the music they've created over the years. I'm a decent Guitar Hero player as well, I'm not fantastic but I enjoy it enough to play hard and expert modes. So obviously, I got really excited at the prospect of a Metallica GH game!

GH: Metallica contains 49 songs, of which 21 are songs from other bands such as The Misfits, Machine Head, The Sword, Bob Dylan; bands that have either influenced the band members or have been influenced by Metallica themselves. The remaining 28 songs are from the band themselves, described as their favorites.

Metallica has eleven studio albums. 28 songs? Thats it? You've gotta be kidding me. And no DLC either? You mean i'm not gonna get to jam on Devils Dance and other songs that are most notably missing from the setlist? Yeah, I'll pass then.

Not to say that the game isn't good or anything; it's actually received a lot of great praise as a really excellent GH installment (i'm assuming it's much more entertaining that GH: Aerosmith...i mean Aerosmith? Really?) . For a game with the Metallica logo on it, it needs a bit more than that. I could understand if they wanted to do the rest completely as DLC, I'd be totally ok with that. But Activision has no plans to offer any kind of DLC for it, which means I'm not exactly getting the full Metallica experience.

I'm guessing that one side of the argument is that the band had a tough time doing the motion capture. But that can't seriously be all of it. I would be incredibly surprised if Activision gave more a damn about the background presentation than the actual set list, but what do I know right? I'm just an angry person who happens to expect a bit more from my games.

Is Activision unaware of Frets on Fire? Hook a USB guitar up to that thing and you're good to go, I could get every song I ever wanted on that thing for not even a dime. And what about the custom discs that you can still very freely create for use on Guitar Hero 2? I don't have to spend 50 bucks on a game that half-assed it when I can get the same thing elsewhere that not only has everything I'll ever need from the Guitar peripheral experience, but it's also FREE.

Way to screw it over Activision; you cock whore little bitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment